Food Banks, Holiday, School Supply and Senior Care
Imagine a child waking up in a cold house with no toys, gifts or holiday meal. Now imagine more than 300 of them right here in San Miguel County and the west-end of Montrose County. Together we can change that.
The Holiday Program distributes food certificates, clothing, necessities, gifts, toys and gift certificates to more than 100 families, 350 people, half of them children. Individual gift requests such as warm clothing are donated by members of the community as Angel Gifts. Gifts are wrapped and boxes assembled and delivered by volunteers just before the holidays. Our hope is that we brighten the holidays for families who would otherwise not be able to celebrate.
The Telluride community and our many passionate volunteers make the Holiday Program possible.
- The Town of Telluride sponsors Toys for Tickets allowing parking tickets to be paid with new toys that are given to Angel Baskets for distribution.
- The Realtors sponsor the purchase of bicycles and deliver them to Angel Baskets’ Holiday Headquarters.
- Local merchants donate items from their stores.
- Telluride Helpdesk donates time and hosting services to make this website and social media possible.
- Special thanks to the Anschutz Family Foundation, AV Hunter Trust, Daniels Fund, Johnson Family Foundation, Just for Kids Foundation and Telluride Foundation for their generous support.