Food Banks, Holiday, School Supply and Elder Care
Imagine a child waking up in a cold house with no toys, gifts or holiday meal. Now imagine more than 300 of them right here in San Miguel County and the west-end of Montrose County. Together we can change that.
The Holiday Program distributes food certificates, clothing, necessities, gifts, toys and gift certificates to more than 200 families, 600-700 people, half of them children. To stretch Angel Baskets’ limited funds, gifts and individual gift requests such as warm clothing are purchased during the year at sales or donated by members of the community as Angel Gifts. Gifts are wrapped and boxes assembled and delivered by volunteers just before the holidays. Our hope is that we brighten the holidays for families who would otherwise not be able to celebrate.
The Telluride community and our many passionate volunteers make the Holiday Program possible.
- Telluride Sports matches, by 50%, each customer’s Angel Basket donation made in their stores at special events throughout the year.
- The Town of Telluride sponsors Toys for Tickets allowing parking tickets to be paid with new toys that are given to Angel Baskets for distribution.
- The Wilkinson Public Library hosts "Fines for Food" for two weeks of the year and donates the funds to Angel Baskets for the purchase of food for the Holiday Program.
- The Realtors sponsor the purchase of bicycles and deliver them to Angel Baskets’ Holiday Headquarters.
- Local merchants donate items from their stores.
- Telluride Helpdesk donates time and hosting services to make this website and social media possible.
- Special thanks to the Anschutz Family Foundation, AV Hunter Trust, Daniels Fund, Johnson Family Foundation, Just for Kids Foundation, Rivendell Foundation and Telluride Foundation for their generous support.